Come worship God with us. We meet each Sunday to study the scriptures, to sing hymns, and to fellowship with each other as Christians. Come by yourself or with your family.
The Ozark Wards of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints Church is located 24.0 miles from the Headland Town Square.
637 Mixon School Road
Ozark, AL 36360
Phone: 334-774-9405 (Office)
334-774-0676 (Hall/FHC-1st Ward)
334-774-0675 (Hallway-2nd Ward)
- 9:00 AM – First Meeting start time
- 9:00 AM – Sacrament start time
- 11:10 AM – Priesthood / Relief Society/ Primary
- 10:20 AM – Sunday School
- 6:30 PM Wed – Young Men / Young Women
- Library: Sun. 8:30am til 9am Wed. Evening 7:00pm
- 8:30 AM – First Meeting start time
- 10:20 AM – Sacrament start time
- 8:30 AM – Priesthood / Relief Society/ Primary
- 9:30 AM – Sunday School
- 10:20 AM – Sacrament Meeting
- 6:30 PM Tue – Young Men / Young Women
- Library: Sunday 8:00 – 8:25 am; Tuesday Evening 6:30 pm
The Only True God & Jesus Christ Whom He Has Sent by Elder Holland.
All About Mormons: Part 1: Mormon Beliefs
For the complete series, go to AllAboutMormons on YouTube.
Welcome to the Ozark Alabama 1st Ward Located in the Beautiful Wiregrass Region of Southeast Alabama
The first known member family in the Ozark area was the E.H. Hayes family in 1946, and the first informal Sunday School was held in their home in 1951. In 1952 a Sunday School was organized in Texasville, about 30 miles north of Ozark, under the direction of the Southern States Mission authority. A year later meetings were moved to Lodi, where the Lodi branch was organized with E.H. Hayes as branch president. Ozark Branch was organized in 1959 with Blaine P. Jensen (US Army) as branch president. Sometime between 1960 and 1964 meetings were moved to the small chapel on Matthews avenue. The building had no air conditioning, but both side walls were lined with large windows offering little relief from summer heat. Sunday school classes met on the lawn under shade trees, in the small foyer or behind folding curtains. Members from both Ozark and Enterprise met in the small chapel.
Land in Daleville was purchased in 1970 to build a new chapel, but in 1972 the decision was made to purchase land in Ozark. Ground was broken for the present chapel on Mixon School Road 12 March 1973. During the construction phase the Ozark Branch was divided into the Ozark and Enterprise branches. Blaine P. Jensen was stationed back at Ft. Rucker and was branch president again in 1972-1974 as the chapel was being constructed. He was transferred a few weeks before the building was completed. First meetings were held 17 July 1974 and the chapel was dedicated the next June. When the Montgomery Alabama Stake was organized by Elder LeGrande Richards 2 November 1975, Ozark became a ward with Ned P. Jenne as bishop. The Ozark Ward met a new milestone in June of 2009. On May 31, 2009, the Ozark Ward split which created the Ozark 1st Ward and 2nd Ward. Sean C. Magonigal was the first Bishop of the new 2nd Ward.